No products in the basket.
Turbot Ballast Wagon BR Engineers Dutch 978003
Out of stock
Out of stock
The Turbot bogie ballast wagon was a development from the earlier Bogie Bolster E wagon, which was manufactured in the 1960s and was intended for the transfer of steel. The wagon, however, after a number of years in use was found to be too short for the continuation of its intended role, but it was found that if a low sided three door body was added, then this new wagon would to be suitable for transporting ballast.
The wagon was nicknamed Turbot and was TOPS classified as YCV bogie ballast wagon. Over 1,000 Turbot wagons were rebuilt by BR Shildon and RFS Engineering at Doncaster between 1982 and 1988 and continued into service until 2002. Turbot wagons have also been modified for use by London Underground.
These model Turbot bogie ballast wagons are highly detailed and will be a great addition to your rolling stock.
- Diecast chassis
- Sprung buffers
- Pin-point axles
- UK standard Hook and bar couplers
- Plastic body and underframe detail
- NEM couplings (removable if required)
- Minimum 2nd radius (438mm /17¼”) curve
- Profiled & blacked wheels to OO gauge society standard
- Highly detailed bogies
- Door ‘balance’ spring and arm detailing
- Interior floor, door and stanchion details
- Separate handrails, end steps and lamp brackets
- Highly details underframe with correct profiled bracing
- Finely moulded and etched stainless steel detail where applicable
- Fully detailed body with separately moulded side doors and stanchions (to allow ease of kit bashing!)
ACCESSORY PACK CONTENTS
- Buffer beam pipes
- Operating ‘Instanter’ coupling
- NEM compatible drawbar (to replace regular coupling at the modellers option)